Poor President Barack Obama. A man with good intentions, but did not have the ability to bring the change. I am not anti-Obama, a nice man to chew the fat with at the water-cooler, but as a US leader his is a (fill in the blank).
For me I think Obama is a failure. And below are 101 reason why I think so.
A little history and philosophy President Obama
Why do I believe in ‘individual freedom’ over ‘government control’? Because I believe human nature is innately good. Let me explain.
The ideals from which the United States were established, come from the ideas of the enlightenment. The enlightenment thinkers believed, as did our founding fathers, when individuals are given the freedom to act on our own enlightened self interest, the effect is, society as a whole benefits in ways government could never envision by itself. This bring all kinds of blessing on society in terms of creativity, charity, hard work etc. Empowering the individual with liberty, brings riches to all. More important it allows us to pursue happiness unfettered. To be trusted with freedom is like a weight that is lifted from your shoulders. The great life we have in America a testament to that.
This was ideal outlined by Adam Smith and John Locke, but championed by George Washington and Thomas Jefferson when forging our great country. Empowering you, instead of the government allows society to move forward and the economy gets fixed. Government re-engineering from above shackles you, while freedom empowers you.
In contrast: Obama believes in more government and more taxes and forced redistribution. Obama is saying people are not good. Left to their own choices they do not have the wisdom of some government bureaucrat. In other words, he knows better than you. How does that make you feel? I believe Obama’s ‘government – serf thinking’ is contrary to the political philosophy in our US constitution and human nature.
Need concrete evidence? Read on.
Alert! 101 reasons why Obama is hurting America
- Less Jobs – Unemployment after 4 years of Keynesian economics is still over 7.8%, and the jobs suck out there. After so many years of Americans out of work, government money squandered, there must be a reason. Obama’s C+I+G=GDP economic model does not work. My solution: let the markets work. Obama supports taxes and bailouts and the middle class pays. I lived in a Eastern Europe and I can tell you socialism is wrong. And yes Obama is a socialist.
- More debt -US debt is over 17 trillion dollars and counting. He tripled the debt. We had a party and our children will have to pay. Yep, he partied and gave it away, and your kids pay. How do you feel about that?
- Perpetual fiscal crisis – The budget is not yet balanced and 60 percent of the money goes to entitlements. What about a balanced budget amendment? he just talks big. If he had the courage of his convictions he would have a balanced budget amendment passed.
- Lead the world over a cliff – I was living in Europe when Barack took office. They were so enamoured by him for some reason? Henceforth, they followed his lead of championing Keynesian economics as the cure to financial woes. The EU got sucker into following a leader who knew nothing about money, markets and job creation. People think just because a person is good at one skill they know everything. For example, if a basketball player is good at dunking, it does not mean he will be good at math. Similarly just because Obama is a shred politician, does not mean he understands economic theory. The result for Europe is prolongs recessions, long-term stagnation and a really bad debt hangover. The bill will be pasted to the next generation. So much suffering caused by one President. All because Obama is a joker.
- Change did not come.
- Obama looks exhausted. As a leader he physically looks like life is a chore. I remember some girls talking ‘oh how good looking he is’. I thought, ‘really’? And even if he was, and he is not, does that determine a leader? However, please hang in there Obama, I think Biden is milk toast.
- The Fed – The Federal Reserve created the bubble and is exacerbating the cycle. The US central bank that caused the crisis still has free reign. Monetary shocks have effects on the real world. It the basis of modern economic thinking (Wicksell, Misses, Hayek), yet Obama is clueless about it. I wonder what he was smoking while I was studying economics.
- Health Care will go up – Affordable healthcare act is not to be confused with free or cheap medical care. Obamacare is not free health care. Believe me. I lived in Europe (duel citizen). With free healthcare you basically show your card and the medical service is free. What Obama’s health care is, you must buy the US approved health care and pay out the wazoo. Then there are still deductible etc. Nothing special except, um… a government take over.
- More foreclosures than ever – The housing market is far from recovered. I live in Florida and with all charity he gave to banks they are sitting on piles of homes with government supported prices. You want a cheap home, let people make money so we all can afford one.
- China is rising faster than the USA.
- US jobs are going overseas. – Still and this rate is accelerating
- Pro family Americans question Obama’s core values. To me as social conservative it is clear about his abomination of the innocent.
- He accepted the Nobel peace prize for nothing.
- Still no real business experience, only an academic.
- Liberals feel betrayed as he did not follow through with transforming America with a liberal vision. Too much compromise.
- Increased taxes. Did you see your paycheck? Yep the Average family will feel almost a 100 dollar a month increase.This puts the breaks on the economy and takes your disposable income and gives it to someone else. How do you feel about that? Lets say you were going to treat your wife for dinner this month. You can not because your hard earned money is now going to your neighbors wife. Thank you Mr. Obama.
- Half the country is conservative and he gives them lip service with talk of unity.
- After the initial honeymoon with international leaders, the global community respects him only for his title rather than his ability to lead.
- Tea party ideals of small government have not gone away.
- America will return to greatness after Obama leaves office. Mark my words as soon as Obama leaves office the economy will start to improve and your life will be better.
- His party turns against him often, it is not unified, even the libs in Hollywood feel he is aimless.
- To save the US from an economic apocalypse, we need to let the markets work.
- Rush Limbaugh, Fox News, Alex Jones, Drudge Report, National Review, Freeman, Greg, Mankiw, American Thinker show the why liberalism understood by Obama can not work and why liberalism shown by Adam Smith and Thomas Jefferson does.
- Wikileaks tried to show some truth, he turned his back on the affair.
- Jimmy Carter lite. He was elected to restore trust in the office of the Presidency, but ineffective as a leader.
- Does not understand economics. Never read the classics from Adam Smith to Hayek to Milton Friedman. Filled with a mix of Keynesian and populous ideas.
- Too many vacations at critical times.
- Too many bailouts of big US businesses.
- Special interest president.
- Mysterious past from which passport he used to got to Pakistan to college records, to fake social security number and drug use.
- The rich are different. Look at his life compared to what he preaches. Questionable lavish trips for his family.
- Some surprises will come out about Obama.
- Expansion of government and unaffordable entitlement programs.
- US military is being poorly run. Valuable resources are being wasted.
- Well rehearsed for speeches, but lacks charisma, poor debater, not the sharpest tool in the shed.
- Was basically an anti-Bush blame candidate. But after 4 years of failed policies it will be hard to blame Bush.
- Continues setting presidential golf records.
- Putin embarrasses him.
- An Asian dictator embarrasses him.
- A Middle Eastern Emir embarrasses him.
- Chavez makes him look bad.
- Lacks support in the congress which is a reflection of the sentiment of the US. If reelected he will be a 4 year lame duck president.
- Rebuilding Iraq, but not our roads and schools.
- Freedom is decreasing and the constitution has taken a back seat to government central control, for example the TSA or potential regulation of the Internet.
- Too many people drawing metaphors to 1984 (the book, not the year). Big brother is alluded to in many headlines.
- Comedians will begin to roast him and the youth will lose respect for him.
- Food, healthcare, education and oil increases or at least agri-inflation, have you been to the grocery store lately?
- Illegal immigration problem never solved.
- Drug problem never solved or not even a dent in it.
- Violent crimes are many fold higher than other nations.
- America is slipping more as an economic leader and relative standard of living is in decline.
- Blatant unrepentant globalist, putting America second.
- Minor irritants for the US citizens like body scanners more paperwork and forms.
- States are in crisis and the is only the beginning and Obama has done little to help.
- Latest census shifted the political balance in swing states.
- Was not a landslide in the first election nor the second, simply too many brainwashed drones thinking they will get money from the government.
- Trade deficit is worst.
- We are still fighting an undeclared war in the Middle East with American men and women on the ground taking casualties with no end in sight. This really upsets me. It is not Obama’s fault but America should only fight declared wars, because undeclared wars are a never ending battle.
- Many people I personally know that crossed lines have told me it was a mistake voting Obama, two times.
- Lacks the combination of vision and ability to implement, like Ronald Reagan. He talks about united the parties instead of doing it.
- America is too divided.
- The U.S. trade deficit with China increased by 26% last year.
- Independent voter and minor parties are shifting their alliances away from the Democrats.
- Obama is getting too much advice from George Clooney.
- South Park will produce some parodies that will hit home at Obama’s weaknesses.
- Substance wins over symbolism the second time around.
- Double dip recession at the end of 2013 you will see. His first four years did not work.
- Obama is no Roosevelt because opposition to Roosevelt usually conceded for the greater good. The opposite is happening in the USA. The Obama presidency is polarizing the country.
- Arizona, Colorado, Ohio, Wisconsin, Louisiana, Missouri, Oregon, Washington ,Michigan, New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Illinois, California, Nevada, are bankrupt and cannot meet their obligatory payments. The last drips of Federal money will expose the dire economic situation of these states.
- Majority of the polls show people are not happy with Obama, yet the voted him more out of class Envy which he promoted during the election. Lets get them mentality. Is that a winner?
- The guy has horrible staff picks, mostly for fulfilling political favors, like Clinton.
- Exceptions were too high for the first term.
- Stagflation. Yes in a strange way, salaries are stagnate maybe the CPI is not increasing but less in our pockets.
- Even though states like ND and MI are starting to show life, CT, NJ and FL and CA, large states are falling deeper.
- Obama is nothing special, nothing but a symbolic idea, but as a leader, the country is sinking like a boss that does not know what to do.
- My friends that have good jobs are in government or military or something close to that. Does that not tell you something?
- It is showdown of Big Government vs the US citizens, I am pulling for the Americans.
- Likes to wave his hand and give out bread and circus money to people but that is all it is appeasement not stimulous. Remember cash for cars.
- Barack broke the promise of raising taxes for capital gains and dividends for the top percentage of wage earners.
- Broken promise of double funding for after school programs.
- Centralize lobbying and ethics reporting for US citizens to view, another broken promise.
- Phase out exemptions for high earning tax payers. Another broken promise.
- Repeal tax cuts for the top earners, another Obama promise, but what about your paycheck is it not less from taxes?
- Obama promised to end income taxes for seniors making less than 50k. Promises everyone the world. That will work.
- A score of other broken promises too many to list. This does not help his credibility.
- Is Obama Keynesian or Kenyan? To date there is still some confusion in some people’s minds. Of course he is American but that does not mean he understand economics.
- Much of the Hollywood crowd that were his darlings in the 2008 Presidential elections are not as zealous today.
- Republicans are regrouping.
- Has an extreme anti-life voting record. How cruel can you be. Lets through PC aside and be honest, we as Americans have to protect the innocent over some spoiled college girl who can not keep her pants on.
- Obama is soft on crime.
- Relief for the middle class never materialized and many stimulus injections of cash were temporary and favoring a few rather than the majority who will pay with taxes. Yep even more taxes are comming.
- Obama wants a European style social economy which does not fit the American spirit. Obama is not a socialist, rather more follows the French economic model than the American.
- Extension of Bush foreign policy, pax America. The sun never sets on the union jack (make the world England), I mean stars and bars.
- Unemployment benefits have run out of federal money for chronically unemployed and people underemployed and out of work are looking for new ideas and answers rather than government money and temporary fixes.
- Many good ideas proposed in 2008, but few implemented even with a Democratic majority in the congress. It is really hard to be Obama, as there is a lot of political infighting and most of the US money is being consumed my entitlement spending and a pittance is for these new interesting ideas.
- Has done nothing to curb the close ties between the military business infrastructure and government spending.
- Bailed out Wall Street not Main street. I thought he said things would be different. Most jobs are created by small companies, close to 70% as well as innovation, but the large dinosaurs got the funds.
- The people who support him want something from government.
- After 25 years of the Bush and Clinton dynasties, Americans have less tolerance for legacy candidates and more focused on results. Yet I personally would not hire Obama for a job. If I had a shop, the guy would be smooth talking not making money. Has he ever really made money besides off you?
- Obama thinks C+I+G=GDP he learned economics during the 1970s when the ideas of liberal thinking confused economics. Turn up the dial of G and we all get rich, yeah right.
- I will not drink his cool-aid that government is more efficient than free people. The history of the world is about people struggling to free themselves from oppressive government. The Obama family is bringing it back.
- I believe a winner is not about eloquent speeches, but puts food on the table for people for his family and helps those who need it. Obama forces us to give to his special interests via increase taxes and government so we are all dependent on the big ninny bottle of the government.
All the above is well and good and to quote Abraham Lincoln
A house divided against itself cannot stand.
Obama campaigned on being a unifier but the end result is the nation is horribly divided. He is all about playing with people’s emotions of the rich vs poor. I resent this as that is what Lenin did. I lived in a post communist country. It is nothing more than the road to serfdom. Talk is one thing but a real understanding of economics and how to fix things is another.
The New Deal I did not work and the New Deal II did not either. President Obama does not understand how money and markets work.
If you want to know what makes a bad President read this: What makes a bad president. If you disagree, I am open and here you can read more about President Obama in a more positive light. But please tell me what you think of these 101 reasons.
Do you think the US economy has done well in the past four years? Now that we have to compete with China and India and if you think Socialism in America (that is Obama’s vision) is the solution we will have to wait and see. For all the Obama supporters, the joke is on you.
Fill in the blank with any adjective you think he deserves. Remember mad libs? Well I am a mad conservative. Be creative with adjectives that you think best describe our 44th & 45th President.
What we can expect from Obama
- Higher unemployment and less real wages. After a little rebound it will get worse.
- Higher taxes. Check your pay, you see it already.
- Decreased freedom. You will see the government growing more powerful and centralized. Watch the Hunger Games.