My name is Mark Biernat. This site is about Economics as it affects your life. I am also a fourth-year Ph.D. student in Economics (my thesis is on the Natural Rate of Interest and Money Macro Equilibrium).
Here are my latest posts:
- High Inflation and High-Interest Rates Explained
- The Economy in the Middle Ages: The Medieval Economic System
- Why Deflation Is Good and Which Economists Support Letting Prices Fall
- Adam Smith’s View on Government Intervention
- Why Marx was wrong about Labor Exploitation
A common fallacy is that ‘people ‘back then did not know as much as people today. I would argue in today’s time, we have been distracted by the constant flow of information. We had lost the insights from a time when reflection on the ideas of Political Economy was both subtle and powerful.
- Great Knowledge is often forgotten. I want to make sure that does not happen.
Specifically, I provide the words and books of:
- Adam Smith
- Karl Marx
- Knut Wicksell
- Ludwig Von Mises
- John Maynard Keynes
- F. A. Hayek
- Great minds like these economists come around only once every 100 years or so.
I have a collection of free economics books on this site for you to download. These are classics from the history of economics.
I also have personal commentary on Politics and Economics that you will find interesting. These are not academic articles that have been peer-reviewed, more for fun, but no less relevant.