Many people write me hate mail saying I do not understand. Without the social state people will suffer. They rant how I am heartless. I think quite the contrary, it is they whose eyes are closed and hearts are aimed at promoting greater human suffering. Their rants give them feelings of moral superiority because they feel more compassionate than I. I think that is a premature judgement on me.
Government is replacing family
I grew up in the USA but lived a good part of my life in Poland. I lived under basic economic conditions and physical challenges, that most people in the USA will never understand, yet I was happy. I never expected anything from the government and paid my taxes; to that giant black hole like out of a science fiction movie consumes everything.
I think the foundation for life starts and ends from the cradle to the grave, not with the government but with something called family. If people argue for government assistance and the extension of government, I would counter them by asking, what about believing in family, an extened multi generational family if you will. It worked for one million years of human evolution, and in the animal world, why must we throw it out and replace with government cradle to the grave?
My wife’s family has four generations in the same household farm-house. This is the way it is done in places without a large governmental social state money pouring down from the capital. Families stay together and take care of each other. What is so wrong with family care instead of government care?
Where family does better than government
- Values – The old and wise teach teenagers about moderation and unconditional love. For example, values like in Amish communities or Eastern Europe like in Poland are at the center of life, and are transmitted by the parents, mostly by the mother at home. The kids from these subcultures in my observation are pretty polite nice kids.
- Economics – If a family member is out of work, there is always a home for them. Even in my family, I have two brothers and two sisters and a lifelong childhood friend, and they are always invited to stay with me as long as they need as well as my wife’s family if they were ever in economic trouble. I could not ever imagine a scenrio where my daughter is not welcomed in my house. I could live with my wife’s family without any question. My wife’s sister’s husband lived with them for ten years while they built a house next door (paid in cash). Friends and family take care of each other, not the government. What is so wrong with that?
- Health care – In Eastern Europe you can pay the doctor directly cash and it is very cheap compared to the screwed up system of US Medicaid and disability and insurance billing which inflated everything to dizzying highs. If someone is sick, family members take care of them. Nursing homes are unknown. People die in their homes with their families. I personally wonder if some people are euthanized indirectly in the USA, in these places to save money; in my experince I think so. Home is a wonderful place to be, a system it is not, rather a place of love and acceptance. I personally do not have health insurance. I pay cash. I also do natural things to stay healthy like excerise/yoga, diet and vitamins/herbs, for me they work. I also believe in science and think adult stem cells are the future. But none of these things are covered by national health insurance. Instead, I am paying for my neighbor, who is on disability, yet an hour ago I saw haul a case of beer out of her trunk. I pay for her medication while, I have to sweat and do Bikram yoga. I go to the doctor they want to do a CAT scan (high radiation) not an MRI because of insurance. The doctors here, when I mention some treatments in Europe, they arrogantly chuckle, as they have rigid guidelines and regulations. I think family care and free choice is the way to go, not more government.
- Parents – Why does government policy support single families at the expense of families that are together? Not to go into detail here, but the government promotes indirectly the break up of families. More people than not I know are from broken homes now. Maybe it is trendy or easier. I can not image me ever leaving my wife. I mean cheating or arguing or whatever, you stay together for better or worse. Luckily my wife and I get along perfectly and do not do that, but if people have children what about staying together?
- Family or government? – Governmental ideas of promoting the greater good only sound nice from the mouths of politicians, but in practice impoverish us all. On the other hand, families on all levels is warmer, more compassionate, fairer. Government is unfair and causes society to disintegrate (for example the USSR) and has caused generations of humans to suffer. Even democratic governments create endless wars, bailouts of banks, money transfers to people who do not deserve it, banking system that creates economic tsunamis and ignore good hard-working families. Why? Because they have blown their load (debt) on the former. Multi generational households or Family is a better solution than government.
What is your vision of the USA? A country which is family centered and compassionate or large debt, bureaucracy and restrictive laws which creates perpetual dependency until we are all dragged down into despair?